Blog Archive

Monday, July 23, 2007

Water Facts

So I was originally planning on doing a post that talked about all of the amazing facts we've been learning about water. Stuff like only 3% of the worlds water supply is potable for humans, although we only have access to 1% since the other 2% is trapped in inaccessible forms such as polar ice caps. Anyway, I was prepared to do this post, but then my friend Sarah and I came across the July/August issue of Good magazine when I was visiting her in Seattle, and I read a piece in there that does it in such a better way then I could have ever come up with. So I decided to link the page instead of write a long post that says the same thing. I have posted a picture copy of it here, (click on it to see a bigger version). If it doesn't read right...I'm still new at this...send me an email, and I'll send you a copy via email. My favorite part of this sheet is that the pictures show the info way better then anything I could have said. This was the first time I have seen Good, but I have to say I was impressed. It had some great articles, and some really good tips on how to be more environmentally aware. The article called "Volunteers" about new veterans was great.

A quick post really, more to come soon! I can't believe I only have 10 days before departure. So much left to do, but at least all the medical stuff is done! Really excited to take malaria pills.

Water Photo/info via Good Magazine

No comments: