Not the happiest of posts I'm afraid. My brother and sisters and I lost a great teacher this week. Deena taught History and English at Saint George's, starting my sophomore year. Deena was an amazing woman, who raised two wonderful daughters. She lost an on-going struggle with her lungs this week. Deena was diagnosed with Hodgkin's disease a few years ago, and the treatment, while successful, left her lungs damaged. Unfortunately, her body couldn't hold out any longer for a transplant. She was a dedicated teacher in the Longinotti children's lives. I hope that I will have an inkling of the influence on my students' lives as she had on hers. We will miss a wonderful friend.Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Deena Barber
Not the happiest of posts I'm afraid. My brother and sisters and I lost a great teacher this week. Deena taught History and English at Saint George's, starting my sophomore year. Deena was an amazing woman, who raised two wonderful daughters. She lost an on-going struggle with her lungs this week. Deena was diagnosed with Hodgkin's disease a few years ago, and the treatment, while successful, left her lungs damaged. Unfortunately, her body couldn't hold out any longer for a transplant. She was a dedicated teacher in the Longinotti children's lives. I hope that I will have an inkling of the influence on my students' lives as she had on hers. We will miss a wonderful friend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
nice tribute, Peeps! She was such a neat person, and a true Dragon.
You meant the "dragon" part in a nice way, didn't you?? Sad to lose a cherished member of your community. . .
very sad, Deena will be incredibly missed throughout the St George's community...
Post a Comment