So I made it through another Bloomsday, only a little worse for wear. Mostly, my feet hurt as I appear to have earned myself a blister from a pebble that made its way into my shoe. Other then that though, it was fun. I didn't start out with anyone, so I made myself a kick-ass playlist for my iPod and hit it hard. Of course, me being me, I saw a ton of people I know, and even walked with a few of them. Aside from a variety of students who I saw along the race, I saw one of my old campers, Trevor who I caught up with while we walked; my friend Kathryn from church; Mr. Nord, my old math teacher; a couple of parents from Freeman; my dad's ex-girlfriend Bridget; Danette, one of my co-teachers; and an old camp friend, Theresa. Here are a few pics from the day!
Some of my students at the start of the race: Kyleigh, Elizabeth, and Chyanne
My student Christian (Freeman sweatshirt) and his dad Mark who I occasionally play basketball with.
Two crazies dressed as tele-tubbies
The starting line!
My friend Danette as we climb Doomsday hill (sporting the black Nike bag)
Bloomsday staple: The Vulture
I ran into a bunch of Freeman students at the mile 7 marker and took a photo for them.
I finished the last mile and a half with Bridget and her friend Sarah. Thank god for the finish line!
I'm sure it will only take a couple weeks before I forget how hellish Bloomsday is and sign up again!
4 comments:
super trooper! Proud of you! And glad I didn't do it this year or I'd be all crippled too, and wouldn't have been able to fetch you aspirin this afternoon.
How did you manage to find so many people you know out of a crowd of 8 million??
Lis, do you not know Pia? this is the girl who ran into some friends in Europe for pete's sake! she can ALWAYS find someone she knows...
jealous!
Post a Comment