Blog Archive

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Breaking news (pun intended)

    My mom has not had the greatest of days.  She called me at school around 6:00 in tears because she had fallen and she couldn't get up.
     OK, she could get up, but she was in a ton of pain because she had broken her arm.  Poor thing! Katie was at work until 9, I was at school for a 6:30 meeting, and she couldn't get hold of Steve.  I was able to get hold of Steve to meet her at the house, but not before mom called 911.  She got some hottie firefighters to take care of her (wish I had been there now).
     After a trip down to Sacred Heart, mom is home doped up, in a sling, and hoping to get some sleep.  Katie is on nursing duty tomorrow, and I'm taking a sick day on Thursday to take care of our poor Lavs.  Here she is in all her broken-armed glory!

3 comments:

Katie said...

yeah i'm kinda bummed about the firemen too.... :( boo.

Unknown said...

Because Katie already made fun of the picture, I couldn't show you her broken arm as the sling is under her t-shirt (and thus not aprops to post). I did make her flash her hospital bracelet though!

Lis said...

How annoying. What. A. Drag. I guess I can't complain about my
super
annoying
cough
that is keeping me awake and is totally unproductive. I am coughing With a cough drop in my mouth.