Blog Archive

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Merry Christmas!

I can't believe that in two days I will finally be in Roatan with the family.  It seemed so far away and now all of a sudden it's here.  I think it's the only thing helping me stay sane through these last 2 1/2 days of school.  Tomorrow afternoon we hit the road to Seattle and then on the 23rd we'll begin our flight down to Honoduras.  As I am trying to keep my patience with my students who are also antsy to get out of here, I figured it was a good time to create a list of the things I'm thankful for this year, so here it goes...

1. My family, I have amazing parents, siblings, grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins.  Even though we are spread all over the country, I am so blessed by each of you and the time we do get to spend together.

2. Friends.  I have some truly amazing friends in my life.  You all keep me grounded and remind me how much there is to love about myself and my life.  Thanks for the laughter and love and comfort.

3. My job.  As much as I joke about it, I really do love teaching.  I can't think of a more fulfilling career then the one I have.  With all it's challenges, I am lifted up by my students joy every day.  I wouldn't trade it for (almost) anything.  :)

4. Traveling. I have got to take some great trips in the last year or so: Seattle, Boise, Vancouver (WA)/Portland, Virginia/South Carolina, DC, Roatan... Seriously, how did I get so lucky to go so many places and see so many people I love at the same time.  Hopefully, next year will bring some new adventures and maybe a new stamp in my passport.

5. My car.  Really this is just joy that I still have a car that runs after running into deer three seperate times this year.  They say three's the charm, so here's hoping that the "Deer Killer" is retiring her deer hitting ways.  Perhaps a deer whistle for the new year.  :)

6. Camp.  Not sure if this is really just a continuation on friends or work, but getting to be at Camp Cross was just the shot of spirituality I needed this summer.   I loved working out there with all the kids and groups that got to enjoy our lovely part of Lake Coeur d'Alene.  I can't imagine a better staff to work with or a better way to spend my summer really.  Maybe I'll be there again next summer...almost time to decide.

7. Lucy.  I know Katie, shocking but I am thankful for your dog, even though I am NOT a dog-owner and still happy not to be.  She is just a little ray of sunshine in our house.  Now if I can just figure out a way to make her love her giant candy cane rawhide.

Hmm, not a definitive list I'm sure, but that about covers it for now.  I hope you all have a joyful and merry Christmas surrounded by loved ones! Love you all!
Pia

2 comments:

Katie said...

Aww, I'm SO happy my baby girl made your list! I agree, she is a total ray of sunshine :)

and we <3 you too!

Katie said...

also, she will NEVER love that rawhide. It is terrifying.