Sadly, I'm still fighting whatever has attacked my system, but I'm definitely feeling better. I even have long stretches of the day where I don't cough at all. Of course, I'm still having sessions where I cough so much I throw up, so I'm not sure it's much of a trade of. Dr. Decker put me on some antibiotics on Wednesday, and that seems to have helped quite a bit. I'm not spending as much time sleeping, and I actually had enough energy to leave the house a couple times this weekend.
Mom, Katie and I braved the Home & Garden Show yesterday. It was actually pretty lame, but it was nice to do some walking, my first real exercise in two weeks. And there was a guy there from the Spokane Valley Fire Department (yes he was a hot fireman) with some info on plants that help reduce chances of fire, so I grabbed some literature on that for camp, and his card. Maybe I can come up with some good questions for him...
Today, I felt good enough to keep my massage appointment, 80 minutes of bliss and pain. I managed not to cough until the very end, so I felt good about that. And I followed up with a little grocery shopping. The three of us even went out to Applebee's for dinner since it's Sunday, and I don't have to fast on Sunday's from my Lenten discipline of no restaurants or eating out/ ordering in. It was a nice treat, although I'm still worried I may pay for it later tonight since I haven't eaten much real food over the last two weeks. Actually, that may be the only good part of this sickness. A kick start to my diet. I think I've lost about 10 pounds since I got sick. Well, that's all my excitement for now. Send up some prayers for a quick recovery my friends. I'm really sick of being sick (and so are mom and Katie)!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
hurry up and get well! I think the 10 lbs. is the weight of the lung you have coughed up...
So sorry you have been soo sick, that just sucks! Let me know if you need anything babe.
No fun at all. I'm sure the snow you guys are getting is totally helping.
Post a Comment