
I have to admit, this was my favorite X-Men movie of the whole series. I loved seeing the origins of our favorite characters and getting some insight on how Prof. X and Magneto ended up on opposite sides. It was definitely worth watching.
No surprise to anyone how much I loved Harry Potter 7.2. I am still reeling over the fact that we've hit the end of the movies (much like I was when I turned the last page of the book). I'm so glad that they decided to turn the book into 2 movies. It just wouldn't have done justice to the book if they hadn't.
After HP7.2, Katie, Mal, and I felt like we hadn't gotten enough movie time, so we went to see perhaps the funniest movie I've seen this summer: Horrible Bosses. We all fell in love with Charlie Day (again), and Jason Bateman stole my heart as he always does. Kevin Spacey, Jennifer Aniston and Colin Ferrel did some fantastic works as the horrible bosses our boys had to deal with. If you haven't seen this one, catch it while it's still in theaters. Truly funny my friends.
Our most recent movie adventures were during my time off this week. Last night, Katie, mom and I ventured out to see The Help. Mom and I had listened to the book on tape during a trip to Seattle last Spring, so we were both a little nervous for the movie adaption. The book was read by four different narrators, who were simply fantastic. I just wasn't sure if Hollywood could live up to the book's heart-wrenching, courageous characters and the down-right funny scenes that put this book in my top 10. Thank goodness, they did. I laughed so hard (and was overjoyed that they kept most of my favorite scenes -left out the naked guy, but I didn't mind that), and just made you love these women as they went through some truly awful experiences. Overall, a fantastic adaptation.Finally, Katie and I went to see Crazy, Stupid, Love tonight. Can I just say, I may be in love with Ryan Gosling. That man is all sorts of fantastic. And Emma Stone (also stars in The Help) can't do wrong. She is so good in every role she plays. Steve Carrel was as lovable as always as the dad dealing with his wife cheating on him and asking for a divorce. It was funny and sweet and just so freaking adorable. Catch this one, maybe take a date. It's a sweet love story with some serious laughs. Oh, and Marisa Tomei has a cameo as a crazy teacher (loved her)!

1 comment:
I enjoyed the movies I saw w you, wasn't as heartbroken about the end of HP as you tho. What was that movie about again :-)
Post a Comment