OK, I almost always like my job. Even the worst days have their own rewards hidden somewhere. But this week, I got a tangible reminder why what I do is really so important. One of the girls I coached in volleyball and basketball last year (when she was in 7th grade) gave me the greatest gift this week. She told me about a week ago that she had to do an essay on an adult who taught her something, and that she had picked me to write about. Of course, I was honored and immediately floored, and I asked Annabelle if I could read it. So this Tuesday, she brought it to practice and proudly handed it to me, telling me she got an A. It's hanging on my wall as we speak to remind me on the bad days why I do what I do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
we always knew it was in you to change people Ms. L!
Awww, tears :-) That is a wonderful tribute to a great teacher and coach. That had BETTER be the lead article in the next Tattler!
Post a Comment