Blog Archive

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Knitting weekend

I suppose it's no surprise that last weekend in Seattle turned into a knitting weekend.  Mom and I hit the thrift stores hard on our way over trying to find new merchandise for VK.  Then we put in an 8 hour day helping set up a booth for Paradise Fibers at the Vogue Knitting marketplace.  We definitely earned our money, working three times as efficiently as the olds who also volunteered.  It was pretty awesome to be able to help one of our local yarn stores, and Sarah and Travis are giving us $15/hour of in-store credit for our help.  I think I have some sweater yarn coming my way!  And we did plenty of damage ourselves shopping with Pam and Sue, while averting disaster when Aunt Sue lost her waterbottle within minutes of buying it.  :)  I got to go to knit-night with mom and Sue, and had a knitting triangle with Tate and Pam at the Narode homestead.  HEAVEN! Thanks for the great weekend ladies. :) A few of my new purchases...






1 comment:

Laurie said...

Such fun, even if we did have to work awfully hard!