Blog Archive

Thursday, May 2, 2013

OMG, OMG, OMG

I got some incredibly exciting news tonight (not house buying big, but big for me).  A couple months ago, I applied for a very competitive program for journalism teachers called the Reynold's Institute.  If accepted, the RI pays for everything (room, board, travel, credit...) for a 2 week intensive journalism school at one of five universities.  I applied hoping to get in, but not really sure if I'd make it...I mean there are only 5 schools that offer it.  This evening, I got my email announcing my fate:


"Congratulations on your selection as a 2013 ASNE Reynolds High School Journalism Institute Fellow at the University of Nevada, Reno. This summer’s program will take place in Reno, Nevada from July 14 to 26.

This is the 13th annual Institute sponsored by the American Society of News Editors and funded by the Donald W. Reynolds Foundation. The application process is competitive and we hope you consider your selection to be an honor."

An honor indeed! For two very hot weeks, I will be a proud member of the Reno class and enjoying every minute of education they're going to throw my way! 

And as Katie said, I better get my ass packed before I go cause she's planning on moving to a new house.  :) Yay me!

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Congrats! Of course, I knew you'd get in.

Katie said...

VERY cool! (And HOT, in Reno, of course!)