Blog Archive

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Summer! Yes.

Sorry gang,
    I have been a BAD blogger.  But might I just say that summer has been great so far.  Apart from trying to pack up and thin out all my crap, I've been helping Katie at her house off and on (learned to mud today, and I'm pretty handy with a paint brush), helped hire a new girls basketball coach at the high school, visited with friends and family, and been reading up a storm (even split between YA novels for class and frivolous, fun summer books.  It has been a great break thus far, and aside from the aching back, I am starting to feel refreshed, just in time for my annual Pia-is-never-around-when-Katie-decides-we-need-to-move trip.  On Saturday, I head to Camp Cross for a week in junior high land where I am leading a morning program centered on Diving In.  I love junior high cause they are on the verge of being grown-up, but they are still very kid-like and love all the games and activities.  Can't wait for my week with them, and the sweet program I've planned (my daily movie clips include Dead Poet's Society, The Sandlot, Remember the Titans, and The Matrix...the kids won't know what hit them)!  After I get back, I have two days to finish up any room/house packing and then I'm off to the University of Nevada Reno for my two-week Reynold's Institute for a journalism school.  I can't wait to be immersed in journalism and get inspired for my class next year.  Should be a great time!  I will try and blog from both places, so stay posted.  In the meantime, enjoy the weather and have a great 4th of July!


1 comment:

Laurie said...

As usual your summer exhausts ME