 |
| Pete and I after I did his introduction at the assembly. |
As usual, I have been a busy girl. My most recent project happened today- I arranged to bring a Holocaust survivor to FHS to speak to the student body... and to our middle school students... and to Liberty High School. It was a packed house! Pete Metzelaar came to us from Seattle to speak about his experiences during the Holocaust. He and his mom were able to go into hiding via the Dutch underground. KHQ, one of the local stations where my former student Max works, came out to do a story. Here's a link to the piece they ran tonight. Enjoy. And as Pete said, take time tonight to mend bridges and hug those you love; you never know what tomorrow will bring.
http://www.khq.com/story/23963788/holocaust-survivor-speaking-to-students-i-was-being-hunted?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=9526764&autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=9526610
1 comment:
Great that you were able to arrange this!
Post a Comment