Sorry, this is going to be short because I'm on the hotel internet/computer. For some reason, I can't get my room's internet connection to work unless I'm in the bathroom... I only know that because I was desperate to get my DC pics uploaded and tried everywhere.
WASL range-finding is not as hideous as it sounds. I know you all were worried. I'm learning a ton about how they set the anchors (scoring guideline papers), and how they actually score the persuasive writing (previously a bit of a mystery for me). Appearantly, I am a pretty decent teacher. I didn't tell them too many stupid things when it comes to writing, so I'm feeling much better about that. Also, my scoring has been pretty much in line with the three Pearson directors we're training with, and Nikki (the director of the writing WASL from WA), so that feels good too. Actually, one of the guys told me today that he was really impressed with the way I was scoring...maybe I have a future with Pearson if I get bored of teaching. Too bad tehy are stationed in Iowa.
One of the girls and I went for a walk this afternoon and found an artists co-op with some pretty cool art. BZ, Sue and Mom would have gone crazy for some of the stuff in there. I was pretty good, but I might try and sneak back tomorrow and buy something. I need to decide if I can stuff anything else in my bags! :)
Miss you all and can't wait to get home. Just three more days till I get to sleep in my own bed! Yeah!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment