Blog Archive

Monday, June 30, 2008

Katie was right, of course

So my sister, Katie, has been trying to get me to read the Twilight series books for about four months now (my students have been on my back about it for about two years).  She swore up and down that I would love them, which is exactly why I put them off.  From the multiple book chats on the series I've done over the past two years, I knew I'd be hopelessly addicted as soon as I opened the cover of Twilight.  So I put them off, promising they would be the first books I read when my thesis was done.  

Long story short, my professor told me that my thesis was complete last Monday night.  By Thursday evening, I had devoured the three books in the series that were already written.  I couldn't put down the Romeo-and-Juliet-esque books.  Well worth the wait, but I'm pretty sure I will be giving them a second read later this summer so that I can pick up  on all the hints Meyer layered into her books of what's to come for Edward and Bella.  Like Harry Potter, these are definitely crack books for me; I can't get enough.

August 2nd seems too far away to wait for book 4!

4 comments:

Lis said...

Hey Pia, heard you were come to seattle. I saw this on slickdeals.net but it looks like southwest has a $29 airfare from spokane to seattle. http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?threadid=859066

Unknown said...

Lis, that's awesome! I'm totally going to check that out. Thanks for the heads up! Can't wait to see you guys in a couple of weeks.

Katie said...

Wahoo Twilight!!! :)

Laurie said...

omg, why weren't you girls this way when I was trying to get you to read Nancy Drew or Little House on the Prairie? I am sooo sad. Someone else pls read the Betsy-Tacy series!