Blog Archive

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Laurie Ann

The August birthday's have started in my family, and the first to come is my beautiful mother's.

Mom, thank you for everything you have done for me. You are an amazing, courageous woman (even when you get a little anxiety). I never had a moment in my life where I felt unloved by you. I can't believe how much you gave us (and went without), so that me, Cara, Katie, and Tony wouldn't feel like we were without. I would not be the woman I am today without you to set the bar high.

Some of the things I love about you:
1. You never go anywhere without your knitting or a book, two things I have come to love as well.
2. You love learning, and went back for your college degree after helping us get through school.
3. The way you adore Riveria, Liam, Alex, and Michael makes me want kids all the more.
4. You have your own blog...you're so technologically savvy for an old lady!
5. You aren't afraid to laugh at yourself when you fall down.
6. You make the best homemade mac & cheese...still my favorite meal.
7. You use crazy Sundstrom lingo like scrapnoodle, and tough nut scrumpy.
8. You worked with dad to make things work for us after the divorce.
9. Megan is right, you are really funny. Thanks for passing that on to your kids.
10. I never have to wonder how much you love me.

Happy birthday mom. I love you to pieces!

2 comments:

Lis said...

Happy Birthday! This family is so great at tributes!

Laurie said...

awww thanks Peeps! That was very sweet and might even get you a mac & cheese dinner real soon (and not the one in the blue box) XXX