Blog Archive

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The car search is on

Well, the insurance called and the news wasn't great (although it's what I expected), my car is a total loss. Not hard to imagine with the new header pic, eh? So as I get over my stress of having to buy a new car, and try to move onto excitement for having a new vehicle, I have begun my search. I am leaning towards purchasing some sort of small SUV or at least something with f-wheel drive so that I can continue to make it to school and back with all the lovely snow the East side has been seeing for the last couple of winters. Hard to say exactly what I'll get as it depends on what the insurance gives me to put towards a new car. Thank goodness for Dies and her sage wisdom on the value of a crushed BMW. Right now I'm leaning towards a Kia Sportage, a Jeep Liberty, or some sort of Subaru. Thank goodness the economy's in the dumps. Maybe I'll get a good deal. If you all have any vehicle suggestions, I'm all ears. In the meantime, throw up some prayers that they'll give me around 5K.

5 comments:

Lis said...

I'd say a little impreza wagon. good gas mpg, awd and SO cheap right now. My brother used to sell cars and apparently they can't seem to give away used cars at the auctions right now. Anyhow, let me know when you need help b/c he still has good friends that are managers that can help you get a deal.

Laurie said...

great pic! and yay Lis! Hope you find a great car & even greater deal. And tell Katie to get off the schneid I need my car back.

Cara said...

i told kt to ask gma and gpa or peg if she can borrow a car until hers is ready. what an idiot. i think a good used subaru wagon with low miles would be a great car for you. just have greg check it out before you buy it!!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the advice girls. At this point, it might be just as cheap to buy a new one. I've been emailing with a lady from KIA, and I could get into a 2009 Sportage for $16,000 (without whatever payment I get from my stupid insurance). I'm also going to test drive a Forester... Could be a fun weekend, although I don't think I'll purchase this weekend.

Unknown said...

Well, I checked out some Subarus today and the sportage. The Sportage has been the best value for the money so far and the cheapest. I might even be able to figure out the financing to get into it before my insurance gets me the payment. Perhaps I'll have a new car by the end of the week.