Blog Archive

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Mix-tape challenge

My cousin Megs had the brilliant idea to do a "mix tape" of songs that she love in 2008, and threw the challenge out to do the same. I can just picture you rocking out to your junior-high mixes while Ryan shakes his head wondering why who ever married someone who chose Gangsta-rap as a fav song of the year Megs. Katie also got in on the fun, so I figured this is as good a way to get a new post up as anything else. I mean, how many times can you write about the snow really?


Here are the rules:

-The songs do not have to be released in the particular year that you are making the CD...rather they are songs that have been discovered or rediscovered and have been particular meaningful or enjoyable or worth listening to that year for some reason.

-no repeats from year to year (this prevents the CD from being an all-time favorites album).

-you can include as many songs by one artist as you want.

-songs are limited to those that fit on a standard 80 minute CD.

Pia's Soundtrack for 2008, in no particular order
1. Never Think - Rob Pattinson (love his voice, love the lyrics, love him)
2. Brown Trout Blues - Johnny Flynn (so catchy, never heard anything quite like it)
3. Same Mistake - James Blunt (always a fav.)
4. Chasing Pavements - Adele (beautiful voice)
5. Samson - Regina Spektor (Discovered her this summer, and couldn't get enough)
6. I Caught Myself - Paramore (must be sung at the top of your lungs)
7. I'm Yours - Jason Mraz (reminds me of my trip to Hawaii last summer)
8. Love Story - Taylor Swift (I love her voice, plus she put R&J in a song, what English teacher wouldn't love that?)
9. In My Place - Coldplay (rediscovered this song this year, plus you have to have some Coldplay)
10. Mercy - Duffy (just so fun)
11. Crazy - Gnarls Barkley (same reason)
12. Single Ladies (put a ring on it) - Beyonce (hate the unitard, but love her)
13. If I Had Eyes - Jack Johnson (hard to choose just one from this album-my favorite of the year)
14. Come on Over - Jessica Simpson (just because I'd like a man to come on over! Plus you've gotta love her ditzy glory)
15. Jackson - Johnny Cash & June Carter (all-time fav. Cash song)
16. Sexy Back - Justin Timberlake (for those times when you just need to get your dance on)
17. Crawling - Linkin Park (this is the year I discovered that I like LP. Who knew?)
18. New Soul-Yael Naim (you just have to smile when you hear this song)

5 comments:

Katie said...

decent list, Rotcher... ;)

Cara said...

love new soul. just makes you happy when you hear it!

Meg said...

Peeps, do you have a camera into our lives. You are dead on with Ryan's head shake at marrying such a thug. Great picks...and the commentary, I'll have to add that next time.

Meg said...

By the way peeps, never told you, but I love your header!

Unknown said...

Just so that Katie doesn't go ballistic on my ass, I actually added the reasons after seeing her list. I thought it was so fun, I did it too. You copy what you love, right. And I don't have a camera into your lives, but I just know that our little repub didn't deign to listen to gangsta rap....Butt Rock, on the other hand, was probably right up his alley! ;)