Blog Archive

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

A couple photos from General Convention

Convention was super busy with legislative sessions, networking, and meetings. But we also found some time for fun. Aside from a couple trips to Disneyland, I found time to hang out with friends new and old. Here are a couple pictures from my adventures at GC.
My friends Megan and Ashley, and I sport our new shirts in honor of our female Presiding Bishop Katherine Jefferts-Schori. She's pretty kick-ass!

Hanging out with a new friend, Bill. He works for the Episcopal Camps and Conference Centers, traveling around and helping our camps around the country. I can't wait till he visits Camp Cross next summer! We spent a lot of free time together at GC.

Ashley, Paul and I get a picture with Bonnie Anderson, President of the House of Deputies. She is pretty amazing. I love that both Houses are currently being run by women. A first in the Episcopal Church.

Our Deputation to General Convention. The Bishop is in an electric wheelchair because he messed up his back before GC. He got pretty good with the cart!
Simon from the Seaman's Church Institute models the hat I knit for them during GC meetings. It will keep some sailor's head warm this winter if they managed to steal it back from Simon!

No comments: