I'm sick of grading (already), so I figured I'd post a couple pics of some projects I'm working on. The first is a purse for my friend Tara Polley's birthday. It was last February, but this was the first time I got around to working on it. Her present to me isn't done either before you all start telling me what a bad friend I am. I am going to visit her in Oct. so that was the deadline we set for ourselves! Orange and purple are two of her favorites, so I know she's going to love the liner. I just need to sew it in and add the handles and button. I'll be done before you know it!


The second project is a blanket (or maybe a shawl depending on how far the yarn I chose goes) for a ravelry site I'm on. If it turns out well, I'm submitting it to a Vampire themed book the ladies are trying to put together. The blanket is named Sunset and the colors are supposed to represent that time of day. I've just started it, and am working on the starry sky part of the design. It's cool so far!

5 comments:
love the orange lining on the bag! And your blanket/shawl is going to be beautiful, you are so creative!
Thanks Mom. I'm really excited to see how it turns out. I am sure I'll be tearing out more then one row as I go... but it'll be awesome. Plus, it is helping me avoid doing my sweater for a little longer, although I did do the gauge swatch and for once I was right on the money!
and where is your mystery bag???
ha, i'm pretty sure she quit the mystery bag after having to rip out yet again! ;)
I haven't quit the mystery bag yet, but I do have to rip out a bunch of rows because I did a section wrong and I haven't had the energy to tackle that. I will do it soon though. Need to be positive. It will be cute when I get back to it!
Post a Comment