Blog Archive

Monday, September 6, 2010

F-ing Deer

I can't believe it finally happened! After all these years of driving those country roads, and too many close calls to count, I hit a deer.  

I was driving out to my friends Greg and Melissa's lake cabin on Wednesday night, going 60 down Highway 54, when it happened.  I saw a deer on the side of the road, and it decided to jump in front of my car.  Luckily, I saw it early enough to slow mostly down, but I definitely hit it with the loudest thump ever.  

After I got my car stopped and pulled over, I braved a look at the front of my Sportage, expecting half my bumper to be gone.  I was met with this site...


Somehow, I lucked out.  All I got was this miniture crack with a little tuft of deer fur to prove that I hit something.  Thank you God!

2 comments:

Laurie said...

deer are SO stupid. Glad you only got scared, not hurt. One ran into my car @ SGS driveway and it scared the crap out of both of us!

Lis said...

Oh my
God! Freaky! I saw a deer in Renton the other day! Totally populated area. I was waiting for it to jump out in front of me.