Blog Archive

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

I hate Bambi!

I can't believe it.  I hit ANOTHER deer today.  I am some kind of deer magnet lately.  It just jumped out of nowhere.  I barely had time to hit my breaks at all before I felt that awesome thud.  Damage done.  My driver's side bumper is cracked beyond recognition.  I guess at least the deer was thoughtful enough to leave my newly fixed side of the car alone.  Time to get a deer whistle or something I guess.  Now if I can just keep my back from hurting more, I'll be set.  Oh well, at least the timing is good... I can leave my car to be repaired while playing in Roatan.


The deer did some serious damage this time.  I especially love the giant chunk that's missing from the bumper.

 
Note the little tuft of deer hair, makes it easy to tell that I am not lying when the appraiser comes.

7 comments:

Katie said...

jeez, again?!! deer whistle time, for sure!

Laurie said...

oh Peeps, you are a deer killer. Get that whistle!

Unknown said...

That's a bit of a misnomer mom... I'm not a deer killer, I'm a deer maimer. They walk away, and my car takes a beating.

Lis said...

Thank god YOU are okay. That's scary!

Lis said...

and I think they get up, walk away and die in the bushes. don't fool yourself deer killer!

Cara said...

total deer killer! would u be ok if a car hit you at those speeds???

Katie said...

haha, so true Lis. there is probably a deer graveyard about 50 yards off the road full of your roadkill...