Blog Archive

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Christmas is in the air

Mom and I decided to get our house decorated today.  I came home from church to a beautifully cleaned living room and dining room, and Lavs ready to get some decorating done! So we did (sorry Katie).  We got our tree set up; we have a lot of tree decorations with three adults in this house.  We got our stockings hung...the new ones, not our kid stockings, which mom tried to throw out AGAIN! We've got decorations on our mantel and in our dining room, and our Christmas plates out and ready to be washed for usage.  Christmas music was playing, and we are in a festive mood.  I even found my fake Fruitcake, which will be my gift at our staff White Elephant exchange (we go for funny over serious there).  Now to get through one more week of school, and then Christmas Break!  Woo hoo!  Here's a few pics of our house.




2 comments:

Lis said...

Love your stockings. And don't let her throw the originals away. My mom donated all of our baby blankets and she hears about this travesty weekly.

Laurie said...

god those hiddy acrylic stockings. They are like fruitcake, they will never die.

The replacement WOOL stockings are so much nicer! But I guess tradition wins out as far as keeping them. Just don't hang them up on the mantel. Santa will barf.