Fair warning, you will get teary-eyed when you watch this clip.
So, I've been trying to help my journalism students become better interviewers (they are kind of terrible right now due to the fact that they are all 1st year students and want to just take in a list of questions and go). At my journalism conference last weekend, I saw a presentor on sports writing who uses videos from ESPN's E:60 program to help with feature sports stories, and I thought BINGO! I can show good interviewing technique by looking at news-feature segments. Thus this activity was born. On Friday, I handed out some kleenex, and showed my students this fantastic story on two brothers who compete together. I made mom watch it on Saturday, and she thought the rest of you should see it too. I will say, it is incredible. I am constantly amazed by kids, but little Connor Long may take the cake. This kid, no words. Enjoy.
Brotherly Bond
Monday, April 23, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I teared up just reading the title of the post. This little boy is AMAZING. Because his love is so pure, and uncomplicated. He doesn't know it, but his story has the power to really change how people view disabled people. It had a real impact on me.
Love.
tony and i watched the episode when it first aired on ESPN. truly inspiring and amazing. makes you put your own crap in perspective, that's for sure.
boy - you weren't kidding. Awesome story
Post a Comment