Blog Archive

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Ombre Cake

Katie has been bugging me for a couple of weeks now to make her this for her birthday:

So I've been working on it this evening.  My version is in shades of pink per Katie's request.  I tried to make the bottom layer the same shade as her hair a couple weeks ago.  As we speak, the layers are cooling.  I'll put it together tomorrow after school, once everything is ready to go.  Pictures to follow of this delicious treat.  And don't worry Katie, it's all vanilla (not a drop of chocolate)!  Happy 31st little sister.

3 comments:

Laurie said...

Thank god I don't love cake. I do love the idea of a color-gradient cake though.

Sue said...

You are a fab sister! Come make cake at my house!

Katie said...

"bugging" and "a couple of weeks" are both complete exaggerations.

but the cake was adorbs (as i knew it would be) and tasty!!!