Blog Archive

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

I swear I was there

So as usually happens, I am behind the camera and rarely in pictures, but this trip, I brought three cameras: my good one, plus two point and shoots for Katie and mom.  I took mom's about 30 minutes upon adventuring into Scotland (I forgot that she is a photophob, as evidenced by every baby album we own).  Thanks to Katie, I actually have pictures of me in England.  It makes me soooo happy.  Here are a few of my favorites!
Mom and I at Edinburgh Castle.  You'll notice Starbucks
is a common theme in our pictures!

This is what I did a lot of... 
Checking out the old outpost at Hadrian's Wall
It was VERY windy up there
My friend Kay took a picture of this store for me when she was in England
last year,  I was so excited when we walked by it in York!
Finding some good loot at Ramshambles Knitting store in the Shambles, York 
Getting ready to go into the HP Studio tour.  Note mom's fake excitement...
but she did love it once we were in.
In the Hogwarts Great Hall with mom
If I were to play any character in HP, I think I'd choose Prof. Umbridge.
It would be so deliciously evil to punish bad students the way she does :)
Her office would need a few less cat things though
Drinking Butterbeer with Katie.  It was delicious!
About to enter Diagon Alley with the girls.
Getting ready to go into the British Museum.  Favorite object: Rosetta Stone or the Portland Vase 
Some where cool and old with the girls...
A kind stranger took a picture of use in front of the Tower Bridge.
Please note: this is our only pic of the three of us that is NOT a self-pic.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Great pix, loved the Pia store. And in my defense I took lots of photos when you guys were little. Just never got them developed...thank god for digital cameras.