Aunt Sue requested I start posting Friday videos again. I've been dying to show this one for some time now- a throwback to my subbing days. Weigh in with your vote on whether to show it in class or not. Either way, enjoy one of my favorites!
One Christmas, working with Forgotten Children at a party in Renton, my job was to tell Santa each child's name. There were a bunch if Shaniquas, Mashaqs, etc, when I got to Dale. I pronounced it D'lay - but the boy corrected me "it's Dale ma'am.". Ah unique pronunciations!
2 comments:
Yay! You're back!
One Christmas, working with Forgotten Children at a party in Renton, my job was to tell Santa each child's name. There were a bunch if Shaniquas, Mashaqs, etc, when I got to Dale. I pronounced it D'lay - but the boy corrected me "it's Dale ma'am.". Ah unique pronunciations!
Post a Comment