Blog Archive

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

B-ball almost over!

Thank goodness! I love my 8th grade (and three 7th grade) girls, but I am ready for basketball to be done. I forgot how crazy Junior High sports are. We have a six-week season, and after our mandatory 10 practices, the season really flies. Tomorrow will be our last practice, and the first practice we've had in two weeks thanks to all of Freeman's snow days. [For you West-siders, that does not mean there was a half-inch of snow on the ground so everyone got too scared to drive]. :) Anyway, we have one more practice/pizza party and then one last game.

My girls have amazed me this season. They have improved every game. We lost our first one, and then have gone on to win the next 5. One more to go, which we plan to win. It's been really fun to see them learn the plays and improve on defense. One of my girls even decided to dribble in today's game. It was really cute. The bonus is that it has energized me for tennis season too. I'm ready to whip those high schoolers in shape!

4 comments:

Sue said...

pia - you are the only one to heed my e-mail and take pity on me (and Jocelyn) - you may keep the mini computer and I think I know how to make it bigger in the seeing dept -

Katie said...

you better jazz this blog up a bit now that you are doing "real" blogging! get some pics on here!

Laurie said...

good work Coach Rotch!

Unknown said...

Pics, check. Coaching done, yeah! 6-1 wasn't a bad season at all.