Blog Archive

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Tennis anyone?

So as most of you know, I coach the Varsity tennis teams at Freeman. This week marks our first week of practice & some Unusual challenges ...snow! We walked out to the courts, which were covered in snow. Can anyone say conditioning. We shoveled for almost 2 hours, and got a court and a half cleared. Needless to say, will be back at it again tomorrow. I think they'll be unable to move their arms after tomorrows practice! Oh well, at least I'm getting a good workout from the deal.

6 comments:

Laurie said...

that's tennis in the Inland Empire I guess! yeah coach Rotch!

Katie said...

Happy birthday P!

Unknown said...

I know, it's so insane. I'm afraid that we will be limited to two courts until Spring Break. The courts we're working on next have something like 2 feet of snow on them still.

Katie said...

ha ha, it's perfect freeman tennis weather! :) i don't know why you're surprised, if it's not snow it's always rain for the first 2 months of the season...

Sue said...

oh good lord - is that slave labor you are promoting - doen's your school have a snowblower or something???

Unknown said...

Hey, there is nothing wrong with slave labor... We like to call it "conditioning". Actually, it really was conditioning. Those poor kids (and the coaches) worked their abs, backs, shoulders, arms, thighs... a perfect start to our season. Plus, I let them have a pizza party last night to reward their hard work.