Well, it's official. I am heading to Hawaii this summer for my dear friend Emily's wedding. I got online and purchased my hotel, car rental and flight last night, using up the money our government grudgingly gave back to me in my tax return.I have to admit, I can't wait for July to get here! I've never been to Hawaii, so some time on the beautiful island of Oahu, and time with Em are high on my list of things to do. It will be time
well earned after defending my thesis at the end of June.The only drawbacks are that I'm going by myself, although I know Emily will keep me plenty busy and entertained, and that I won't get there in time to see Dane before he and his soon-to-be-wife head off on their honeymoon to Europe. The trip isn't as long as I wanted to go, but it will be quality none-the-less. I like to think of it as a snapshot so I can see what I want to do on my next visit.
I tried to talk my siblings and parents into joining me, but no takers yet. None of them are able (or willing) to pop off to Hawaii in the beginning of July. Oh well, I guess I'll just enjoy the tropics on my own, for now.
6 comments:
Alaska Airlines has cheap airfare over there right now...that would be very fun :-)
trust me I WANT to go. Maybe if I can get tix for all 4 boys and myself. LOL.
agreed, i would LOVE to go... good thing you got your tix before they get any more expensive!!! you'll have so much fun though...
Thanks for the tip Lis. I'm good with the ticket, but if I can find one cheap enough, I might be able to convince L-dine to go with me!
yeah, find one for under 200 bucks and I am right with you (though I think that would involve flying in the non-pressurized part of the plane...)
shouldn't be a problem! $200 for Hawaii, easy-peasy.
Post a Comment