So before we start to eat, we gather outside for a blessing...or so I thought. But the truth is my friends had all plotted together to surprise me with a gift celebrating my impending graduation from Gonzaga Grad school. Needless to say I was surprised, and I got a little teary (of course). I always think of my Masters as just something I'm doing, and really not that big of deal, I guess because it's just part of the teaching gig. My friends reminded me that it is an
accomplishment to be celebrated. I've worked very hard these last two years, and they reminded me of that fact. They all pitched in to buy me a little bling for the big event, a beautiful cross necklace with a diamond center (this picture doesn't do it justice).
So for those of you who read my little blog, thank you so much. I was pretty speechless tonight, and couldn't say anything at the time. Your gift was amazing and unexpected, and your friendships bring such joy into my life. I am so blessed by you all.
6 comments:
oh that's so cool, and we are ALL proud of you - i know i couldn't handle a Masters plus working full time and coaching (and all the million other things you do)!
wow that is SO nice. And the bar is raised pretty high. How about if I clean your room as a grad gift??? ;-)
dang - looks like the CZ earrigns I got you will have to be returned . . .
A clean room sounds heavenly. I feel like I'm fighting a losing battle there! Oh well.
And Sue, you know I never turn down jewelery, bling, cz...whatever, it's all fun! Although, I've worn my new necklace every day since I got it. Oh, and you should be getting an announcement any day now. No need to feel obliged to come over, just thought you'd like it!
Is anyone else scared by Aunt Sue's new blog pic...?
I personally think it is grand. The piccie I mean. And I think Susna should knit one of those for everyone in the family (maybe that is what you are really getting for a grad gift Rotch)
Post a Comment