So one of my many snowed in projects this winter was to knit a sparkly pink scarf, which I am calling "Esme." It is the first project I've done where I actually created my own pattern (and wrote it down). I was inspired by one of my Ravelry groups (TKB- a Twilight Books group) to try my hand at designing something. Anyway, long story short, the moderator PM'd me (personal message for you non-ravelry goons), and asked if I would submit my design for a book they are creating called Twilight Knits. It's a book of knitting designs inspired by the Twilight series, similar to a book done for the Harry Potter books. Needless to say, I've said yes, and am very excited to have my design part of a book that people will actually buy. So crazy. So that's my story! Woo hoo!
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Fun with knitting
So one of my many snowed in projects this winter was to knit a sparkly pink scarf, which I am calling "Esme." It is the first project I've done where I actually created my own pattern (and wrote it down). I was inspired by one of my Ravelry groups (TKB- a Twilight Books group) to try my hand at designing something. Anyway, long story short, the moderator PM'd me (personal message for you non-ravelry goons), and asked if I would submit my design for a book they are creating called Twilight Knits. It's a book of knitting designs inspired by the Twilight series, similar to a book done for the Harry Potter books. Needless to say, I've said yes, and am very excited to have my design part of a book that people will actually buy. So crazy. So that's my story! Woo hoo!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
WOW that's impressive on your first attempt! I am proud of you! I'll even buy the book (but not the goofy vampire books)
Wow, I'll look for your autographed copy and Barnes and Noble in the 'ville. Congrats P!
Post a Comment