
Well, our tennis season has come to an end with a lovely stay in Yakima, the Palm Springs of Washington... I took two of my singles girls, Lea and Maya, and a doubles team, Katie and Blair, to the state tourney. The girls did awesome. Lea and Maya made it to the finals and played each other for the championship. Lea (the older sister) won, and Maya took 2nd. Blair and Katie got knocked out in round three. They lost to the state champions in the first round and then the consolation bracket champs in the 3rd round. Not bad for their first trip to state. They should be back next year with a great shot at placing high. Our team also placed 1st as a team, winning that state championship for the second year in a row. I'm very proud of our girls, although I have little to do with how well Maya and Lea did. They are very talented players. I'm going to enjoy the ride while I have them!
1 comment:
congrats 2x winner coach! That is awesome, and even though the sisters are blessed w the tennis playing gene, I'm sure Coach L. is a big help. :-)
Post a Comment