Since mom asked for it, here's a little something for my b-ball team. They won their first game on Monday, by 12 points even. Now as you all know, I'm a fairly competitive person, so my ego has been taking a little bit of a bruising this season, as we've lost a few games (three so far). I am very dedicated to making sure all of my boys play as evenly as possible, and since I mostly have a team of wrestlers trying to learn basketball, we lose quite a bit (pretty much everyone else plays their best players as much as possible). I'm OK with it though. It's been fun teaching them, and watching them learn the game. The last two games, I've even seen glimmerings of actual basketball! And luckily, I have wonderful parents who are so excited to see their boys playing, and constantly remind me that their boys are doing great. Today, they told me how impressed they are with my patience with the boys. I'm glad that I carry that off because in the inside, I'm a little furious when I have yelled the same thing 5 times. :) Ah, but I do love them!
One of my JH girls offered to take some pictures for the school paper. I gave her my camera and here are some shots she took. Abbie did such a great job! And the boys (in blue) look like real basketball players!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Those boys are so tiny. Cute. Way to be fair and let everyone play.
They are really tiny Lis! Shortest group of 7th graders we've had in quite some time.
Post a Comment