That's right folks, I am 8 days without a deer run-in. In fact, I've only even seen one deer in that 8 days which gives me hope that these whistles are doing their job. Last week, on my way out to school, I was passing these two deer that were a ways off the road. They stopped grazing, looked right at my car as I was coming up to them, and then went back to eating once I passed. I've never had a deer do that, so perhaps they are hearing that crazy whistling sound.
Don't worry, I'm not getting overly confident and am still watching for deer every mile I drive, but here's hoping.
Best. Christmas. Present. Ever
Tuesday, January 11, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
so can only deer hear them or are you a crazy lady driving down the street with a whistling car?
yay for the whistles! Though the body shops in town must be suffering for lack of work if you aren't hitting deer on a regular basis...
I don't know which it is Lis. I pretend that it's like a dog whistle and only deer can here it, but I secretly like the idea of my car whistling and annoying everyone in a 10-mile radius of the Deer Slayer.
Post a Comment