Blog Archive

Monday, February 27, 2012

the 36th year

I've had a lovely 36th birthday.  We headed to one of my favorite restaurants, Twigs, yesterday for a birthday lunch with friends and family (Pat and Glo even made it from Coeur d'Alene).  Attendance was down a little due to the dump we had on Saturday, but it was still a nice turn-out and a great time.
Mallory and me
Anne Marie and Peggy
Katie and mom take the required self-pic
Pat and Glo
Lauren checks out her massive plate of french toast (Lauren and her mom Lisa's birthdays are on the 28th)

And of course it wouldn't be my birthday without Katie making me some yummy cupcakes (chocolate and vanilla)!


Today, I went back to work, but got arguably the best present ever: my student teacher started full-time today! Megan did a great job on day 1, and I'm really looking forward to working with her.  I ended the day with basketball practice (where the boys all sang to me-so cute those 8th grade boys), and a workout.  Then I headed home for some awesome homemade mac & cheese.  Is anything better?

Thanks for a great birthday everyone.  It seems like a great start to a new year!

5 comments:

Lis said...

Sounds like a perfect bday celebration. Those cupcakes look amazing.

Laurie said...

glad your day was happy!

Sue said...

Have Katie make uscupckes for the yarn crawl -

Meg said...

What a day. What a gal to celebrate:)

Katie said...

a super fun outing to celebrate a super fun gal! happy b-day (again) Peeps!