Blog Archive

Saturday, April 27, 2013

House hunting?

For the last few weeks (since Katie announced she was house hunting), I've been trying to figure out what I was going to do.  After all, I'm the dog-less one, so the chances of me getting a room in her house were slim to none ;) It's been a stressful couple of weeks as I tried to figure things out, and what I settled on is that I did want to buy a house but I'm not quite ready yet.  It was keeping me up when I thought about how little money I had squirreled away, knowing how many unforeseen things could come up with a new house.  But I have been planning, and trying to get my ducks in a row.  I went to a class this week with Katie for first-time homebuyers and learned a ton of stuff, and have started narrowing down where I want to live and what I want.  We got a ton of great advice while there.  I also got an offer to live with my friend Tracy this next year for a measly $300/month, and an offer from my friends Greg and Melissa to stay with them if I need a place between moving out of the Moran house and into Tracy's.  It is pretty exciting to have things fall together and so many people in my life be there for me.  I am also feeling blessed to have an opportunity to put away a lot of money this year in what I'll be saving in rent to get prepared for my house.  So needless to say, there will be at least two moves in my near future, but at least one will be into my first house.  Can't wait to start looking!

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Very smart decision, and now you have plenty of time to find the perfect house!