So tonight has been really interesting for this little house sitter. I am back at the Bishop's House watching Madison while the Bishop and Gloria are in England. Always a good time over here. Anyway, at about 10:30pm I notice the lights of a firetruck are flashing outside on the street. I think to myself, I wonder what's going on across the street that called in a fire engine...
Little did I know that it was in fact this house they were coming to. Apparently, they got a call from the alarm company that there was a fire alarm going off at the house (there was no alarm going off by-the-by, so I was completely stunned by this turn of events). I caught my first clue that we were the subject of interest when I saw flashlight beams in my window where I was watching the TV.
30 minutes later, a call to the secretary Eileen, and a good scouring of every inch of this rather large house, turned up nothing. Tomorrow, we're getting the system checked. Crazy night!
Monday, August 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
oh lordy that must have been scary! Glad you and Madison didn't start a fire (though maybe you should check Madison's bed for matches...)
Post a Comment