
I wasn't going to blog about the Lion King because I knew mom already did, but my life is boring, so here goes! Last August, I bought mom a ticket to the Lion King for her birthday. It was a risky proposition because mom often bails on public appearances, and did in fact try to get us to take Liam, our animal lover, instead of her. I of course refused and told her she had to use her birthday present. Katie and I took mom out to lunch before the show to Sante, a cute little restaurant/charcuterie downtown. I discovered that I do not like TERRINE! Meat mixed with other substances such as olives in a gelatinous mold will not be crossing my lips anytime soon! In my defense, I didn't realize that the free-range chicken description meant pressed chicken with olives. My waitress kindly found a substitute, and I left a nice tip!

After the lunch fiasco, we headed over to the play. I was the only one of the three of us who had seen it. And of course, it didn't disappoint. The opening scene with all the animals heading to pride rock is so overwhelming, it brought a couple tears to my eyes. No surprise there. I saw the tour a couple years ago when it came to Spokane. It was a pleasant surprise to realize that they had added some new pieces to the show, including scenes and songs, so even though I'd seen it before, it was new! Thanks for a great time mom and Katie. Oh, and mom did indeed have a great time.
No comments:
Post a Comment