Blog Archive

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Pies for Crosswalk

I've spent the last two days (the first two of my vacation) giving a little of my time to service.  Specifically, I've been doing stuff at Crosswalk, Spokane's teen shelter.  Yesterday, my friend Lisa and I headed down to help wrap Christmas gifts for those who the shelter provides for.  It was awe-inspiring to see all the amazing gifts that had been donated to take care of the kids.  I had so much fun wrapping their surprises.


Today, I joined some of our youth group members to bake pies for the Crosswalk Christmas dinner.  WE made six apple, and 9 pumpkin pies for them.  I packed them all up in my car and headed down with our steaming fresh pies.  We had so much fun preparing this gift for their dinner (we heard 90 people would be there).  I just love how much our youth group kids love to serve.  8 kids gave up their free time to bake for peers who have little at all.  The pies turned out beautifully.  Here are a couple of them.  Lisa joined us at the church as well.  She had bought a bunch of hams which she cut up and cooked at the church before taking them down. I'm so happy we could help give them a merrier Christmas.  It makes me thankful for all that I have and how blessed I am in family, friends, and life! Love you all!

1 comment:

Laurie said...

that is a wonderful service project, perfect for your youth group kids. I'm sure they enjoyed it too (who doesn't love baking pie after all), and 'got' the lessons to be learned as well. You are a good girl!