Blog Archive

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

4th of July camp

Hey all,
    We just finished up a delightful 4th of July family camp this weekend! It was fun having so many different ages up here, everything from 2 year-olds to grandparents.  Even my mom made an appearance to help out in the kitchen.  She assures me that her first official visit to camp was a success even though she got a blister from putting hot dishes away!
    I also got to see a few old friends (who used to be my staff members) who were up here with their families for a visit.  It was fun to catch up with them, and play with their kids this weekend.
    We even got to enjoy the sun all weekend.  Traditionally, 4th of July weekend is the rainiest part of the summer, so it was a real treat to get 4 straight days of sun.  I even got in the water (barely swimmable) to help Krista put in the swim area buoy-line.
     Overall, a great weekend was had by all!
Worship at St. Francis Chapel
Post-talent show fun
Paige Campfire
View from my cabin in the morning
Our crazy 4th of July camp
Lucy at worship
God's Eye craziness
Sparklers for the 4th...not sure we'll do this again...

4 comments:

Laurie said...

it was fun, much more than I expected. And everyone was super nice and friendly so it wasn't overly traumatic to talk to strangers. Lots of fun, hope I get invited back sometime. I'll even work in the kitchen!

Katie said...

mom, you're invited to come with me any weekend you want! :) and love the pic of the pile 'o God's Eyes, and the back of Lulu's head... :)

Meredith said...

Wait... fireworks at camp?! Next you'll be telling me there was alcohol! ;)

Lis said...

Looks like a fantastic weekend. Was so happy it was sunny. Now more sun please so the water warms up.