Well, tonight begins day one of house sitting for Bishop Jim. He is off having fun with all of the other Episcopal Bishops for their twice-yearly conference, and his lovely wife Gloria is visiting her sons and their families in Virginia. So I get 7 night fabulous days in their beautiful house (which doubles as the Diocesan office) taking care of their sweet dog, Madison. She is such a gentle thing She's an older black lab mix, and is going blind and a bit deaf, but is such good company and so sweet. We are having tons of fun so far. We had a walk and are now hanging out and watching TV.
In other news, my birthday seems to finally be at an end. Talk about a week long celebration! After the festivities of Friday night, I got surprised with a cake and present at my church lady's night. Melissa and Diane brought a cake to dinner, and surprised me with a Starbuck's gift card, and a gift certificate for a pedi from Diane (who is great at them). What more could a girl ask for?! Tonight was the sad end of the week of fun with a dinner with my BFF Blythe Jane. She had forgotten to call me on the day of my birth, so she took me to dinner at a new little pizza place here in the 'Kan. It was delicious, and always fun to catch up with her.
Last, in the world of Pia, I got to assign out books for my Literature Circles (my thesis research project). While I'm totally stressed out about how to make this all work, I feel great that I am finally able to get it going. My freshman got to choose the books they wanted (every group has a different book), and it was fun to see them get started on the new reads. I need to give a reading diagnostic test to them next week to have some beginning data on their reading levels, but after that it'll be smooth sailing. Sorry if I'm boring you all but this is what consumes my life right now! Now if my tennis courts were finally snow-free, life would be perfect!
Thursday, March 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
A week long b-day celebration, what a lucky gal! I didn't know you were working on a thesis. Yuck. :-0
Yeah, the thesis thing kind of sucks, but it will be great when it's all over!
aw, give Madison some snuggles for me!
it's way quiet around here without you (except for all the coughing and nose blowing of course). You need to put up a pic of the bish.house so people can see what a gorgeous place it is!
isn't this the house with ghosts - or at least weird noises??? I don't think the deaf dog will protect you Peeps!
It is a little creepy because it's so big, but so far no ghosts! I'll try and take a picture today when I get home to post on the site. It is a beautiful house!
Post a Comment