

I spent last weekend at Nightlight with 25 of the funnest youth! Michelle, Colin and I headed down with a group from Spokane, Tri-Cities, and Pullman, and journeyed via rental bus to Walla Walla. I hadn't realized how much I missed that town until we were pulling into it. Such a beautiful city. Nothing better then walking around the Whitman campus or strolling around downtown.

It was great catching up with a few of my old youth group kids (who are in college now). A couple of the high schoolers were in 3rd and 4th grade when I was the youth minister at St. Paul's. So crazy! We kept the kids busy running all over town. My favorite event was when we sent the kids on a scavenger hunt through downtown. I got to hang out at the local book store waiting for them. We also took them ice skating, and to the local Festival of Lights parade. The floats were perfect for Walla Walla: everything from horses with lights strung on them, to 8 John Deer's as Santa's reindeers. My friend Kimi was walking with her new Roller Derby team, the Walla Walla Sweets. The kids made and stuffed stockings for a community service project. That's the stocking I puffy painted on the left. I haven't lost my touch (thank you Delta Gamma!)

All in all, I had a great time visiting with old friends, and seeing the old sites, and a few new ones. Below is a picture of Whitman's new art building. It was breathtaking! I am definitely planning a trip back as soon as possible this Spring.
The next visit will NOT be 5 years in the making!
1 comment:
looks like much fun was had by all. I miss W2 also, such a pretty little town. I'd def. move there if I could live in one of the cool houses by the college campus :-)
Post a Comment