I hate them, but I'm happy to report that my 2007 taxes are finally filed. Actually, I would have been done in February, but I didn't get some info from my bank. I finally got that figured out tonight, so I am Turbo-taxed up. Let me just say that as a single girl, with no dependents and no major deductions (such as a house) to my name, I am incredibly thankful that I got to write off my GU tuition this year. My refund is actually enough to do something with for once. I'm debating about how to spend it, but erring on the side of caution, a big chunk of it is getting put into savings to help pay for the Longinotti Italy adventure of 2009, with the rest either paying for my 2 weeks in Hawaii this summer, or possibly a laptop so I can finally return aunt Sue's tablet to her. This little baby has been quite the life-saver this year after my lappie went TU! In fact, it's been my source of sanity this week while hanging with Madison at the Bishop's. Hoo-Rah.So I leave you this evening with my thanks that I can still qualify for the poor man's savings plan. How sad will I be when the government finally gets to keep my money? Oh wait, I'm a teacher, that may never happen! :)
2 comments:
yeah for the refund! so far we are getting like 111. back. boo! BTW, buy a house! then you might be tax-proof!
Um, you could use it to make a dent in your car loan (Hint, hint)!!! ;) i'm glad you are getting some moola, that's always exciting - my refund sadly went to credit card debt... boo.
Post a Comment