Last weekend, I had the opportunity to get up super early (5am) to join our band as a chaperone to Wenatchee's Appleblossom Parade. While I was ready for it to be a horrid little experience, I have to admit, I had an awesome time with the band. After catching up on my sleep on the bus (never a comfortable thing), we made it to Wenatchee, feeling a bit more refreshed. True to form, not a single student slept on the way there, while all the chaperones did... necessairy to be pleasant to my students since I was working on no coffee. We hung out for a bit waiting for our inspection and turn in the parade order (we were 75 out of 150). The kids were for sure the best looking band there in their kilts and fancy jackets, and this year we brought our new flag team. The 5 girls were awesome! I had a great time on the parade route with the kids, enjoying the sun, and they played so well. We got back to the bus before the rain hit and headed out to Leavenworth for lunch. All in all a great day, and I even made it back to Spokane in time to go see Thor with Katie!
Here are a couple pics from our adventure.
 |
| One of our band members shows off his flag tossing skills. |
 |
| Our new flag team |
 |
| Seriously, we look good! |
And here are a few of the other things I saw during the parade...
 |
I'm not totally sure what these are supposed to be,
but there were about 12 of them... creepy |
 |
Is there anything creepier then a clown really?
I wish I had got a picture of him freaking out a little baby! |
 |
I couldn't resist taking a picture of this guy selling hotdogs.
He was dressed as a colonial gentleman, and his stand was called
"Freedom Franks." So awesome! |
4 comments:
who doesn't love a fist-bumping clown??? :)
NO ONE loves a fist-bumping clown.
agree on 1. creepy clown, 2. creepy parade giant things, 3. band looks fab in their kilts Balmoral Caps (bet you didn't know that's what they were called)
Holy cow Pia. Do you ever stop volunteering!? I hope you win some award at the end of (every) year for all of the crap you do. :-) Looks like fun and that you actually had decent weather.
Post a Comment