Blog Archive

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Spokane Shock

      Katie invited me to go to a Shock game with her this weekend (our local arena football team), when she won some tickets at work.  I was super excited to go with her as I had never been to a game.  The last time she won tickets, I couldn't go due to a tennis conflict.
      This of course led to a typical Katie-Pia argument: she thought I had gone with her and had just forgotten that I went; I argued that I couldn't forget going to something like an arena-football game and that I hadn't ever been.  Seriously, we argued for like three days over this, neither of us refusing to back down.  Finally, I grudgingly agreed to keep an open mind when we got there on the off chance I had forgotten, and Katie agreed to let it go if I still maintained that I hadn't been.
      My little sister just had to know though, so she checked archived blog posts she had made only to realize that I hadn't gone with her.  She had taken her friend Nic Mather instead.  I felt incredibly vindicated as I found a FB wall post saying she was wrong the next morning.
Keefe puts in a play with the offense.
      Mystery solved, Katie and I had a great time at the game.  Our seats were in the Shock end zone, and we had a great view of the game and the team.  I think watching the head coach Rob Keefe was my favorite.  He was an animated guy, jumping around, going crazy.  The team pulled off a 1 point win by blocking a field goal attempt with no time left on the clock.  Awesome! Hopefully, we'll get to go to another game soon!

2 comments:

Laurie said...

god I love you two. You are the ultimate sisters act.

Katie said...

SO fun. and i totally was convinced i was right LOL!