I did it again. I laced up the shoes, went to downtown Spokane, and completed my favorite 12 k run, Bloomsday. Every year, I get excited for this crazy event where thousands of people hit the road. I love the crazy costumes, the sun on my shoulders (yes, we had sun this year), and seeing all the faces. I saw a ton of people I know, as always, and enjoyed a solitary walk with my iPod cranked to my new workout mix. The vulture was at the top of Doomsday Hill to congratulate us (a giant vulture-costumed person is always at the top of Doomsday for those of you who haven't competed before), the raceway was lined with people cheering us on while enjoying bbq and beers, and though exhausted at the end, I was excited and happy to complete another year of the race. I rewarded myself with a Subway sandwich, a 2 hour nap, and a massage. Not a bad cap to the day. Here's a couple race-day pictures.
 |
| Before the race, people throw sweatshirts and jackets into the trees downtown, which are washed and donated to the local Spokane shelters. |
 |
| My Blue section finally starts at 9:45am |
 |
| Heading down towards the river. Crazy how many people there are on the road! |
 |
| The infamous Doomsday Hill looming ahead. ! |
 |
| Finish line in sight! I ended at exactly 2:20:00. Not bad for a girl who had pnemonia 6 weeks ago! |
3 comments:
Looks like fun! I alwas hear people talking about bloomsday. Good work!
Btw, do you still use your body bugg? I can't remember if I asked you this or not so sorry I I did...I am interested in getting one but not sure how dedicated I'd be. Seems like it could really be annoying.
Funny story that. I loved my body bugg, but haven't been able to use it for almost two years now. The body cracked and when I called Apex to get it replaced (three different times), they said they'd send me an email with directions for returning it, which never came. Needless to say, their customer service stinks and I'd never buy another one of their products. When it worked though, it was great! And I never got annoyed by it, surprising but true.
Post a Comment