It's been a busy day for L-dine and company. I started the Mother's Day festivities this year a tad bit early; I brought her present home on Monday, two hanging flower baskets courtesy of the Freeman horticulture program. And they are awesome! Mom hung them both on the front porch, possibly to try and detract from our awesome astroturf stairs.
Today, Katie and I took mom to brunch at our new South Hill restaurant, Savory. It was delicious, and we all got our $25 worth. We had eggs, salad (with a yummy honey and cumin dressing), mini-waffles, bacon... endless options. We're definitely wanting to go back again. Mom tried to figure out a way to stuff bacon in her purse for later, but to no avail.
After brunch, Katie and mom had a Dexter marathon. And they made a homemade chicken pot pie for dinner. I took care of dessert and whipped up a batch of chocolate-covered strawberries.
Mom, I hope you had a happy Mother's Day. You deserve the world, and we all love you to pieces. Best mom ever!
 |
Mom, knitting... I know, no surprise there.
|
 |
| Mom and Aunt BZ at the cabin |
 |
| L-dine lets Logan play beauty shop |
 |
| Lowdie meeting little Allie for the first time |
 |
| Mimi and Mom |
 |
| Mom showing off her Christmas haul. Note the fancy slanket. |
 |
| Mom and me in Roatan |
2 comments:
it was a perfect day (other than F&I not being with us) Love my flower baskets, they almost cancel out the incredibly hiddy green 'turf steps and porch. Now if we only could get some sunshine. Thanks for treating me like a queen :-)
Astroturf front steps. That sounds pretty classy if you ask me. Cute mother's day post and would love it if mother's day was stretched out beyond one day. :-) good work.
Post a Comment