Blog Archive

Monday, May 30, 2011

Larratt visit

I got to go visit one of my favorite families this weekend the Larratts.  Greg, Melissa and JJ have added a new member to their clan, Samantha Jane.  And let me tell you, this sweet little 9 lb, 2 week-old baby had me wrapped around her finger the second I saw her!
Sammy doing her second favorite activity: sleeping.
Miss Sam did lots of eating and sleeping this weekend, and got lots of good snuggle time with this sweet girl.  When I wasn't hugging Sammy, I got to read books with JJ.  Grandma Mary was visiting, and JJ monopolized her new iPad to read books and play games.  Reading was amongst our favorite activities while hanging out with Sam (I got two novels read).
I also got woken up every morning by our boy.  He's my favorite alarm clock EVER.  Nothing better then hearing "Miss Pia, it's time to get up!" Followed by a hug from my favorite 4-year-old boy (no getting jealous Hadley and Maddie)!
JJ wakes me up in snorkeling gear.  So funny!
Melissa and I had some good low-key hang out time, our favorite.  Is there anything better then a friend you can just relax with and not need to be constantly going? BTW, you can barely tell that she just had a baby, since she is already back to her pre-baby weight! I hope I'll someday be so lucky :) Greg had a soccer tournament this weekend, and came back from one game with a sweet soccer ball tattoo...anything to save a goal eh?
Sweet soccer ball bruise Greg!
All in all, it was a great visit! Thanks for having me over Melissa and Greg.  Love you all and can't wait for the next trip.  Here's a couple more shots of Sammy.  She's soooo cute!



4 comments:

Laurie said...

Sammy Jo Carrington Larrat is very adorbs. Cute little turned-up nose!

Lis said...

Um back to pre baby weight in 2 weeks? That's redonkulous.

Unknown said...

I know Lis. The only thing Melissa can figure is that Sammy is eating non-stop. It's just pulling all the weight out. I think she eats like 10 times a day. So funny.

Katie said...

cutie pie! and JJ looks pretty pleased to be a big brother.